If you’re having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi while on campus, please start troubleshooting with the steps below.
Forget ALL Marian networks (Secure & Guest) on your device and rejoin with your current username and password.
- The different available networks can fight for priority on your device, causing you to unsuccessfully connect to any of them.
- If you are a Marian Student/Employee you should use your Marian username and password to connect to the Secure network.
- If you are a guest on campus, please connect to the Guest network and register your device.
- When prompted, please accept the certificate and select the option to trust the network.
Chromebooks and Android Devices
If you are using a Chromebook or Android, please follow these steps:
To configure your connection to the Secure Wi-Fi:
- From Settings, navigate to Network & Internet
- Select Wi-Fi or Wireless.
- Select the network name (MarianSecure or MU-Secure).
Enter the following information:
- EAP Method: PEAP (selected by default)
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- CA Certificate: Use system certificates
- Online Certificate Status: Do not validate
- Identity: Your Marian Username (i.e jsmith123)
- Anonymous Identity: Your Marian Username (i.e jsmith123)
- Password: Enter your Marian Password
Tap Connect. (Even though you tap Connect rather than Save, the device will typically remember your settings.)
Submit a ticket
If you have followed all of the steps above and are still having an issue, please reach out to the helpdesk going to helpdesk.marian.edu and submit an incident. Or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (317) 955-6444 :
In your message, please include the following information:
What devices are having issues?
What Network are you attempting to connect to (Secure, Guest, or MarianPSK)?
When did you first start having this issue?
Have you forgotten the network and reconnected?
Where are you on campus when you cannot connect?
What number/email can we use to reach out to you to assist?